Nebulizing Colloidal Silver & Garlic
Hola!! Just a few things I figured I’d add to this post that either didn't make it into the vlog, or perhaps required wording correction… first of all - The active component in garlic is the sulfur compound called Allicin. When attempting to mention this in the vlog, I had a bit of a wording mix-up =) Haha, forgive me!
Allicin is the chemical produced when garlic is chopped, pressed, juiced, chewed, or bruised. The finer the chopping and the more intensive the crushing, the more allicin is generated and the stronger the medicinal effect. (Woot woot!!!)
Timing is everything. I mentioned that when you start cutting/pressing/crushing, the clock starts ticking. After 10 minutes and within 30-45 minutes is the short time window that is provided to absorb the allicin, which AGAIN is released only when garlic is pressed, chewed, or juiced. After 30-45 min, the majority of allicin’s potency is gone … = not good.
For us girls, 8ml (cc) of Colloidal Silver with a few drops of garlic juices takes approximately 30-40 minutes to nebulize (depending on how much deep breathing we do) so the timing works out quite well. We just make sure that we have everything ready to go, so that once the garlic/allicin is ready, we are too!
Some fun facts about Garlic:
- Garlic has had a lot of cool historical uses … because of its antibiotic properties, garlic was used to treat wounds and infections and prevent gangrene during World War I.
- Garlic is known to stimulate T-lymphocyte and macrophage action, promote interleukin-1 levels, and support natural killer cells. Strong activity of these key cells promotes healthy immune system function, and strengthens the body's defenses.
- Garlic promotes the well being of the heart, and the well being of the immune system by enhancing the body's immune cell activity.
- Garlic has antioxidant properties
- Garlic helps maintain healthy blood circulation...
- Ohhh and one of my favorite features that I just have to re-mention - garlic supports natural killer cells (the body's defense)
Picture it like this … a bunch of bad guys declaring war against your lungs. Then, BOOM! - You take garlic therefore strengthening and releasing a bunch of top-of-the-line soldiers that are armed with amazing weapons and just start killing and defeating the bad guys. It’s a shame you can’t grab a bowl of popcorn and sit back and watch.
For the adventurous individuals out there – here’s another great thing we came across online that you could to try: Nebulizing with colloidal silver and lobelia extract (5 parts colloidal silver to 1 part lobelia) to help bring up mucus, heal the lungs and eliminate any pathogens present.
Adding 1 part mullein can make the treatment even more effective. Mullein is an antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory herb, which also fights respiratory viruses and aids in lung healing.
You can also just start out nebulizing colloidal silver on it's own - then try adding whatever else. =)
Annnnd that about sums up today’s post =) This was our first attempt at a vlog, so if you have any constructive criticism, or any other questions for that matter - send it over this way!
It’s hard to believe 2012 is almost over… we have a few weeks left. Make them count!
Aline & Kate